Monday 28 March 2016

Kylie Lip Kit Review: Posie K & Candy K


Kylie Jenner took the beauty world by storm when she released her lip kits! So many beauty babes are going crazy for them! She must've done at least 6 or 7 releases and they still sell out in about 5 minutes every time! 

So far there are 8 shades...

True Brown K, Posie K, Dolce K, Candy K, Koko K, 22, Mary Jo K, Kourt K
Image from @kyliecosmetics Instagram

I don't think I'd necessarily want all the shades because they wouldn't all be right for me, so I've got 2 so far. I've got Posie K which is a gorgeous pink and Candy K which is a pink-based nude. I absolutely love the packaging, you can see it in the photos I've taken above. The branding is really well done and everything just looks consistent and sleek. The kits come in at $29 USD each, which I think is very reasonable for a lip liner and a liquid lipstick, however international shipping is $14.95 so if you're going to order remember that it is pretty steep.

I will say though, the quality of the products is fantastic, I absolutely love them. They smell amazing, really sweet like vanilla cupcakes or something. The lip liner is smooth and creamy, and the liquid lipstick is probably the best formula I've used. At first I thought it couldn't be that amazing as it seems very thin, but it's so pigmented and dries to perfection. It lasts really well, I've had to reapply a tiny bit on my inner lips after eating my lunch on the days I've worn it but other than that, absolutely perfect.

Posie K

Posie K

I'm so pleased with the colours I went for as well. Posie K is from the valentines collection and is the perfect pink for me, I just think it goes really well with my hair and skin tone. Although these products do look great on most skin tones, if you follow @kyliecosmetics on instagram you can see all the customer photos she has reposted and get an idea of how different colours look on different skin tones. Candy K is one of the original 3, and this one just looks great on everyone, it's so easy to wear and I love the colour, I could honestly wear it every day! I'd definitely recommend these to anyone in search of the perfect liquid lipstick.

Before I apply, I always exfoliate with the Lush Cosmetics Bubblegum Lip Scrub and prime my lips with MAC Prep + Prime Lip. I definitely think doing this helps the longevity of the lipstick and how well they apply so I'd recommend exfoliating and priming first, but I'd recommend that before using any matte lip products!

Candy K

Candy K

Candy K & Posie K swatches

The next drop is set to be today!!! Monday 28th March, it's 4pm PST which is midnight in the UK, if you're not sure about what time that is where you are just google it and it'll come right up!

If you've struggled to get a lip kit I'd just recommend having the website loaded and ready 10 mins before the drop, then just refresh the page when it gets to the right time, add what you want to your cart as quickly as possible and check out! There's no magic trick to it, you just have to get in there and get checked out as quickly as you can! Good luck beauty babes!!

Stay sassy x


No comments:

Post a Comment