Wednesday 22 October 2014

I saw Lady Gaga and I cried










Good evening all, I just wanted to do a quick post about artRAVE: the ARTPOP ball.
Just in case you have recently emerged from living under a rock, and don't know about this, I will explain.
artRAVE: the ARTPOP ball is the tour which the greatest pop artist of all time, Lady Gaga, is currently doing, following the release of her album ARTPOP almost a year ago in November 2013. This time last night I was at her Manchester show at the Phones4u Arena attending her concert as a proud little monster (Gaga fans are known as little monsters!).

I had purchased my early entry ticket in February, which set me back over £150. I couldn't really afford it, but I was devastated when I missed out on tickets to her previous tour, the Born This Way Ball, so this was my way of making up for it. Following the concert I'd get the same ticket again in a heartbeat. I was right in front of centre stage, third row back and had an amazing view! I was also presented with a tote bag which contained a lanyard, a hardback tour book and an artRAVE bubble gun which were included with with the price of my ticket.

The first photograph of this post is the moment she emerged on stage, she may have been half an hour late but she was undoubtedly worth the wait. First of all the arena went pitch black, and then the strobe lights were flashing and the rave had begun. Gaga's loyal, talented troop of dancers were first to the stage in their wacky costumes, some were holding flashing light sticks and others were throwing around huge inflatable balls, and then Lady Gaga herself emerges from the floor as if from a spaceship.

Lady Gaga opened with the track which her album and tour are named after; ARTPOP. She then followed this with a huge collection of her work, old and new, including; G.U.Y, Swine, Gypsy, Applause, Do What You Want, Judas, Just Dance, Poker Face, Alejandro and Bad Romance, to name a few. Throughout the show there were several outfit changes, one of them even took place on stage, and by the end I was knee-deep in various types of confetti!

During the concert, there was a very touching moment where Lady Gaga called two of her fans to the stage, to help one gentleman propose to his boyfriend, and of course he said yes. She then serenaded the couple with Born This Way on the piano whilst they sat with a Union Jack Flag wrapped around them, it was really lovely to watch.

Lady Gaga also performed Sonny Bono’s Bang Bang, which was thoroughly enjoyable. She dedicated this track to Tony Bennett, whom she recently collaborated with for their jazz album; Cheek to Cheek.

In between performing tracks, Lady Gaga also gave words of wisdom to her fans, stating "You don't need a record label to be an artist.". She also spoke about acceptance and love in a very passionate and inspirational way.

I adore Lady Gaga so much, and was emotional when I saw her on stage for the first time. I love the fact that she is so accepting of everyone, and encourages love and creativity. She is not afraid to be innovative and different, and she consistently creates brilliant music, her talents never falter. I will always look back on this concert fondly. I plan to frame the ticket and some of the photographs I took and hang them in my bedroom. I cannot wait to see where Lady Gaga's talents will lead her next, and hope to be as lucky as I was this time, and get a ticket next time she tours the UK.

This is the only photo not taken by me! Just wanted to show you the amazing stage!


Update 25/10/2014

Hope you like the post, I just wanted to do a little add-on and show you the frames I made! I wanted to preserve my ticket and wristband and frame my favourite photos, so this is what I created..


The backgrounds are holographic card I bought on ebay, and this is how I've ended up displaying my little memories, I'll have to convince my lovely father to put them on the wall in my bedroom for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment